Finnish Economic History Association
Basic Information and Activities of the Association
Finnish Economic History Association was founded in 1952.
The association’s purpose is to promote and popularize Finnish research in economic history, social history and historical-geographical studies. Membership is open to all who have interest in these fields, share our goals and wish to affiliate to the association.
Some of the association’s main activities are:
- to publish the Scandinavian Economic History Review with other Nordic countries
- to coordinate co-operatively Nordic research and teaching in related fields
- to participate in the activities of the International Economic History Association, which organizes The World Economic History Congress every three to four years. Next Congress is held from August 3 to 7, 2009, in Utrecht, The Netherlands. In 2006, the Finnish Economic History Association participated in organizing the XIV International Economic History Congress in Helsinki, Finland
- to participate in and contribute to the annual program of Finnish Doctoral School of History
- to co-operate with various disciplines and partners, e.g., The Federation of Finnish Learned Societies, other historical associations and The Central Archives for Finnish Business Records
- to organize lectures and meetings on current topics of economic and social history
- to supervise teaching and the interests of teachers, researchers and students working in the area of economic and social history
To become a member, please pay the membership fee €20 to the Nordea Bank account 157230-335505.